For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), that we; Sardatur Holidays Ltd, trading as Sardinia-holidays.co.uk, Italia-holidays.co.uk are the Data Controller for this www.sardatur-holidays.co.uk website (the “website”).
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide in order to make a travel booking or purchase any other services via this website
• We may ask you for your contact details for future marketing use, although you have the option to opt-out of such use.
• Details of transactions you carry out through this website and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
• Details of your visits to this website (including, but not limited to, traffic data and location data) whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To carry out our obligations arising in connection with any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and a third party supplier.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To provide you with information and offers that we or selected third parties feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties who will supply the travel arrangements or other services you request, to Government bodies and other authorities to whom we are legally obliged to pass your data (e.g. border agencies of countries you intend to visit) and to relevant third parties for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking/unticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to: Sardatur Holidays Ltd, 1 Castle Yard, Richmond, Surrey, TW10 6TF.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our suppliers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for these 3rd party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.